Friday, January 16, 2015

Mommy Dearest,

     

In two months the big milestone you have been dreading will come to pass.
I will be 18. The big "1" "8". Legal adulthood. All that cool stuff.
I know you are a little sad, I am too. 
I have big dreams and that scares you a little because I'm still your little girl.

BUT here is a wonderful fact that I'm so blessed to know:
You will always be my mom.
My sweet mommy. God knew of all the women in the world I needed YOU.


You, who has always prayed for me, 
who drug me to worship in my toddler years,
who fought with me because you were (I know now) 
right about everything I ever went against you with, 
who cried over me and my sister,
who worried about mine and my sister's spiritual well beings,
kissed my boo-boos,
took care of me when I was sick,
rocked me and sung "You are my Sunshine",
read to me,
taught me how to be tender-hearted (I cry over everything now ;P),
taught me about God's love,
what being a Proverbs 31 woman really means,
how to laugh at life,
and you have loved me unconditionally.

Thank you for all you have done and what you continue to do for me.
I know we are gonna cry a lot in the next few months, but know I am where I am because of you
and I hope you are proud of who I've become.

I love you so much, mom, and don't forget that. :)


1 comment: